Getting testimonials for your website shouldn’t be optional. It’s essential.
Testimonials work because they aren’t sales pitches. If selected correctly, they provide an unbiased, third party voice and viewpoint, helping you to establish trust.
You’re using real people to show success in your product or service.
Always show faces.
However, collecting them can be hard. You have to:
- Get clients to agree to give them.
- Get them to give one, either in person or via email.
- Get a photo to include.
- Get someone to add it to your website.
…and repeat the process every single time. Hard work and, as we know, often easier not to do.
When I spotted Endorsal a while back it was a no-brainer. I ended up buying a lifetime subscription that not only we could use in our website, but a subscription type where we could create sub-accounts for our clients to use in their own businesses.
Here’s how it works.
- Each client I work with has their own sub-account which they can log in to independently.
- In each account, we set up a link they can send to clients asking for a testimonial. The link looks like this.
- We also provide them with wording for the email they send we’ve tested and know works.
- The client clicks the link, inputs information and can add a photo from their computer, facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter or Google.
- When a testimonal is submitted, I get sent an email from Endorsal. I review the testimonial and, if I like it, approve it. If not, I don’t.
- Approved testimonials appear instantly on our website, courtesy of a neat and very simply piece of code that took me literally seconds to add to our account about six months ago.
- I can also tag my testimonials so certain tags appear in certain places and others elsewhere. (E.g client testimonials on the homepage and speaking testimonials on the speaking page).
It’s as simple as that.
There are additional bits of functionality. I can customise what I ask clients to provide and what is not needed, change the appearance on the site, and more, but that’s the icing on the cake.
Bottom line: I’ve never found it as easy to collect and publish client testimonials than I do with Endorsal.
If you’re a current Leveraged member and want access, drop us an email at email@example.com. For non-clients, I bought my lifetime subscription from AppSumo, but have no idea whether it will come around again.