“$15,000”, said my client, “That was the quote”.
“How about we give it a go,” I said jumping up and grabbing a whiteboard marker.
- Connect with prospects (BEFORE)
- Convert them to leads (DURING)
- Turn existing clients into referrers (AFTER)
To be able to attract clients into your business, you need to define three things.
- Who you’re aiming for (MARKET)
- What they are looking for and how your advice will help them get it (MESSAGE)
- How they will find you (MEDIUM)
Once they’ve found you, there are three steps to turn them into clients.
- How will you get them to give you their contact details so you can start some sort of dialogue, be it digital or otherwise (CONNECT)?
- How will you accelerate their journey from “just looking” to “ok, I get what you do” to “I can see how you can help me” (NURTURE)?
- Finally, when they do decide to take the next step, what’s the process to get a YES in the first meeting (ENGAGE)?
The final part is what I think is the most fun of all. Client experience, retention, turning clients into advocates who love what we do and want to tell others about it.
- What will you deliver that creates WOW (EXPERIENCE)?
- What will you do to be able to help clients who need it to get all the help they need (EXPAND)?
- What do you deliver that prompts clients to refer (EQUIP)?